10 Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
For me, Thanksgiving dinner is really about the sides. The turkey gets all the hype, but I could not care less about the bird (even though my hubby has a magical ability to make it really tasty). I’m a side dish gal all the way. As a kid, I would fill my plate with mashed potatoes (extra butter) and the fresh from the oven, still warm, dinner rolls. Yes, quite the healthy dinner plate.
As an adult, I still favor sides, but now I’m a bit more health conscious than my butter-slathering, carb-loading childhood self. This year, I’m planning to make healthy Thanksgiving sides, so I went on the hunt for options that would please my palette but still be interesting enough to seem special for the holidays. I’m planning to make my cheesy cauliflower cakes, and definitely some sort of sweet potato dish and brussels sprouts too, but I need to round out our sides menu.
Here are 10 delicious-sounding healthy Thanksgiving sides, I’m considering for my menu.
1. Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta – Peas and Crayons
2. Rosemary and Garlic Mashed Cauliflower – The Cookie Rookie
3. Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms – Jo Cookes
4. Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash – Heart Beet Kitchen
5. Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Cranberries & Parmesan – Cookin Canuck
6. Honey Maple Roasted Carrots – The Café Sucre Farine
7. Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf – Carlsbad Cravings
8. Roast Balsamic Onions – Epicurious
9. Sweet Potato Casserole – Jessica in the Kitchen
10. Baked Zucchini Sticks – Lil Luna
Do you have any favorite healthy Thanksgiving side dish recipes I should try?
All the side dishes look YUMMY
Thanks! I’m so ready for Thanksgiving:) Let me know if you try any of these sides!
I can’t pin any of the Thanksgiving recipes. Please help
You can pin the entire image, or you can click on the links below to each of the individual recipes. I hope this helps!
I gave up on searching the recipes, because of pop-ups
Hi Deborah, I’m not sure what you mean. Each web-link goes to another blog so they might have their own pop-ups. I personally don’t use pop-ups except for my newsletter.
Cannot pin any of your items!!!!!!
Hi Cindu, It is one large image, so you can pin the entire picture. There is no way to pin individual recipes from my site. You can click on the links below to visit the pages with the individual recipes and then pin from their pages. I hope this helps!
Hi Stacy. Your Butternut Squash -Cranberry dish looks delicious. How many does the recipe feed?
Hi William, it does look delicious! Definitely check out the link below to see the original author’s recipe details:)
Some of these reciepes call for some sort of sugar ( honey). Honey 8s full if sugar which is masking the taste of the natural veggies.