We had a surplus of peaches after taking our kids to pick fresh peaches at a local farm. We also had a bunch of green tea in the pantry, so I decided to try making a healthy peach green tea recipe.To be frank, I actually don’t like green tea very much. I prefer Earl Grey or English breakfast tea, but I’m trying to come around to green tea due to the many health benefits.While searching for peach green tea recipes, I found that most of the recipes included simple syrup or a lot of added sugar or other sweeteners. For this recipe, I decided to create a peach syrup using apple juice and fresh peaches to add the sweetness to the tea without using simple syrup or other added sweeteners.To make this peach green tea, all you need to do is brew a bunch of green tea, create a peach syrup, and mix! Follow the simple steps below to create a yummy, healthy and refreshing summer drink.
Peach Green Tea Recipe
6 Green Tea Bags
4 Ripe Peaches
7 cups of water
1 cup apple juice
- Place 1 cup of water, the sliced peaches, and the apple juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- As you stir, crush the peach slices against the sides of the pan to help release the flavors. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Strain the peach syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove the peach pulp.
- Boil the remaining 5 cups of water and steep the green tea for 5 minutes.
- Pour the peach syrup into the green tea, give a good stir, and refrigerate until cool.
- Serve in a cup filled with ice and garnished with fresh peach slices.