- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the butter/sugar mixture to the bowl of oats and mix until combined.
- Drop cookie batter by the teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets and flatten to a disk. Make sure to leave at least 2 inches between each cookie to allow them to spread.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, watching closely to prevent them from over-baking. The oatmeal lace cookies should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and remove onto racks to cool completely.
I actually found sticking the cookies in the freezer for a couple of minutes was the quickest way to get them to cool so they stayed intact when I moved them to the cooling rack. If your cookies are too flimsy to hold together, then you need to bake them a bit longer. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Lace Cookies Recipe
2 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg lightly beaten