I recently got this cute cut out sweater and I think it’s such a fun change of pace for winter fashion. I generally avoid bulky sweaters in the winter and I love that this one is streamlined and unique. It also has a cute feminine touch with the little pearl button detail. I’ve noticed so many different styles of cut out sweaters, off the shoulder sweaters and I think all of them add so much visual interest to a look. Read on to learn more about cut out sweaters, how to style them and also why you should also try cargo pants this year.
What is a Cut Out Sweater?
A cut-out sweater is a type of sweater that features cut-out designs or patterns, such as slits, holes, or lace-up details. These cut-outs can be of various shapes and sizes. They are often incorporated as a decorative element in the sweater. The cut-outs can add a touch of edginess or femininity to the sweater, making it more unique and stylish. Cut-out sweaters can be made from different materials, including cotton, wool, or synthetic fibers, and can be worn in a variety of ways, depending on the occasion and personal style.
Cutout Sweater Vs. Off The Shoulder Sweater
An off-shoulder sweater and a cut-out sweater are two different types of sweaters. Although both can be unique and distinctive, they are different. However, sometimes a cut-out sweater is also a cut out shoulder sweater. Basically, the cut-out is a missing shoulder, sometimes called an open-shoulder sweater. An off-shoulder sweater is a sweater that is designed to be worn with the neckline resting off the shoulders, exposing the collarbone and upper arms. It is a flattering and feminine style that is often paired with jeans or skirts for a casual and relaxed look. A cut-out sweater, on the other hand, is a sweater that features cut-out designs or patterns. The cutouts may be slits, holes, or lace-up details. The cut-outs can be in various shapes and sizes and are often incorporated as a decorative element in the sweater.
How to Style a Cut Out Sweater
Cut-out sweaters can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and personal style. Here are some tips on how to wear them:
- With jeans: A cut-out sweater paired with a pair of jeans is a casual and comfortable outfit. You can wear it with skinny, straight, or wide-leg jeans depending on your preference. Just make sure you match the sweater weight with the jeans you choose. If the sweater is tighter-fitting, then baggier jeans will balance out the look. If the sweater is oversized, opt for more fitted jeans.
- With skirts: For a more dressed-up look, pair your cut out sweater with a skirt. A pencil or A-line skirt would be a good option.
- Layered: Layer your cut-out sweater over a collared shirt or a turtleneck for a stylish look.
Remember to keep the rest of your outfit simple and let the sweater be the focal point. For my outfit, I chose to style my sweater with cargo pants and a simple pair of black booties. Although cargo pants are visually interesting, this pair is pretty classic. It doesn’t compete with the sweater but compliments it. I liked the thought of cargo pants with this sweater because it’s a nice mix of feminine and masculine. For the bag, I went with a bit of an animal print to add a bit more visual interest to the otherwise neutral color palette.
Cargo Pants for Women
If you haven’t notcied, cargo pants are an ever-evolving trend for women. They are back in style and I prefer the more fitted version. However, baggier cargo bants are back in style as well. Cargo pants for women have been around for several decades, but their popularity has fluctuated over time. They were originally designed as utilitarian workwear for men, and were later adopted by women in the 1990s as a fashion statement. At the time, they were seen as a trend-forward and practical option for women who wanted comfortable and versatile clothing.
Cargo pants for women typically feature multiple pockets, often on the legs, as well as a loose and relaxed fit. They became popular as part of the “grunge” fashion trend in the early 1990s, and continued to be a staple in women’s casual wear throughout the decade. However, the popularity of cargo pants for women declined in the early 2000s as the trend shifted toward more fitted and streamlined clothing. In recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in cargo pants for women, with updated and more feminine designs that incorporate new materials and patterns. Today, cargo pants for women are once again seen as a stylish and practical option for everyday wear, ofte
Where to Buy Cut-Out Sweaters
Cut-out sweaters can be found at a variety of retailers both in-store and online. Some popular options include:
- Department stores: Many department stores, such as Nordstrom, Macy’s, or Bloomingdale’s, offer a wide range of cut-out sweaters from various brands.
- Online fashion retailers: Online retailers such as ASOS, Revolve, and Boohoo offer a large selection of cut-out sweaters in various styles, colors, and sizes.
- Designer and boutique stores: Designer and boutique stores, such as Free People, Urban Outfitters, and Zara, offer more unique and fashion-forward styles of cut-out sweaters.
- Online marketplaces: Online marketplaces, such as Amazon and eBay, offer a wide selection of cut-out sweaters from both established brands and independent designers.
It’s always a good idea to check multiple retailers to compare prices and styles. Also, keep an eye out for sales and promotions. You can also search for specific styles or brands of cut-out sweaters. Check other fashion and lifestyle blogs for inspiration and recommendations. I hope this post helps you think about how you might incorporate cut out sweaters into your winter wardrobe. You can shop some of my favorite sweaters under $40 below. If you’re looking for other winter fashion posts, click here.
Cut Out Sweaters Under $40