Do you struggle to get your kids enough outdoor play time now that school is back in session? I’m glad my kids are still in preschool, so they get a lot of free play and outdoor time. However, I still want to ensure they get a lot of outdoor time. It is proven that kids who get more outdoor time do better in school (here are other benefits of kids being outside).
When the kids first get home from school, I give them a snack. Lately, my kids have been loving the CLIF Kid ZBar Filled. They make snacking fun because they are the first, only organic soft-baked snack bar made just with kids in mind. My husband and I even love them! The Zbar Filled has nutritious ingredients like oats and nut butters. Plus, they are certified USDA organic and non-GMO, which makes me happy. It can be tricky to find snacks that my kids like that don’t includ high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors, but the Zbar Filled finally fit the bill.
27 Outdoor After School Activities for Kids
1. Play Catch
2. Play with Side Walk Chalk
3. Throw a Frisbee
4. Blow Bubbles
5. Walk Your Dog (or your Neighbor’s dog)
6. Play Tag
7. Create and Play Hopscotch
8. Play Simon Says
9. Kick a Soccer Ball Around
10. Play Red Light Green Light
11. Have Sprint Races
12. Fly a Kite
13. Play Kick the Can
14. Create and Play Four Square
15. Learn to Ride a Skateboard
16. Search for Bugs
17. Go on a Hike (or Walk in your Neighborhood)
18. Start a Game of Red Rover with Neighborhood Friends
19. Play Duck Duck Goose
20. Go on a Treasure Hunt
21. Find Shapes in the Clouds
22. Search for Wild Flowers
23. Go Bird Watching (and make a DIY Bird Feeder)
24. Make a Bike Obstacle Course
18. Ride Bikes or Scooters
26. Create a Chalk Bullseye Game
27. Play Frisbee Tick Tac Toe
What are your favorite after school activities to get your kids outside?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.