This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringMoments #CollectiveBias
The minute my kids walked in and saw the bunny candy jar, they got excited. It’s these mini moments with my family that I try to cherish the most. I love the idea of having little touches of Easter around my house. They are mini reminders of the upcoming holiday and a fun way to bring new traditions into my home. My kids especially loved the jars because of the gold bunnies on top.
These little jars were perfect for holding MARS® Mixed Mini candies inside. The spring mix is so bright and colorful! I got them at Sam’s Club, which is the destination to get all your Easter goodies. They already have everything in stores so you can stock up for spring and start creating great mini moments like I am.
This Bunny Candy Jar is an Easy DIY Easter Decor Idea
You will need:
Plastic Bunny (I found mine in the toy section of a retail store)
1. Tape around the mason jar, right below the lid. Paint the lid of the mason jar in a pastel color, or the color of your choice. I would suggest two or three coats to ensure the lid is covered well and the color is saturated. As another option, you could use spray paint.
2. Next, paint the bunny using gold paint. You can use spray paint or acrylic paint. I used three layers of acrylic paint, although spray paint probably would have been easier.
3. Once the lid and bunny are both dry, remove the masking tape and glue the bunny to the top of the lid.
4. Add a ribbon bow around the jar right below the lip where the lid attaches. You can add a gift tag or little decoration to the ribbon below the bow.
5. Fill the jar with Easter grass and MARS mini candies.