This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringMoments #CollectiveBias
How do you celebrate Easter? Last year was the first time that my kids really ‘got’ Easter. I coordinated a small little Easter egg hunt in the backyard and filled their eggs with little toys. Now that they’re another year older, I figured it was time to up my decorating game. I created this simple bunny candy jar that’s a quick and easy DIY Easter decor idea anyone can create at home.
The minute my kids walked in and saw the bunny candy jar, they got excited. It’s these mini moments with my family that I try to cherish the most. I love the idea of having little touches of Easter around my house. They are mini reminders of the upcoming holiday and a fun way to bring new traditions into my home. My kids especially loved the jars because of the gold bunnies on top.
These little jars were perfect for holding MARS® Mixed Mini candies inside. The spring mix is so bright and colorful! I got them at Sam’s Club, which is the destination to get all your Easter goodies. They already have everything in stores so you can stock up for spring and start creating great mini moments like I am.
If you want to create a version of my Bunny Candy Jar, I included the directions below. The thing I love about this DIY Easter decor idea is just how simple it is. I also love that this jar can be customized for your taste and decor preferences. For example, I saw a similar version of this jar where the bunnies were kept white or painted pastel colors. If gold isn’t your thing, you can easily swap in another paint color. Also, if you have trouble finding the bunnies I used, you could easily use lambs, chicks, or even an easter egg instead. I found my bunnies in the toy section of a retail store, but you could also check out your local craft store for other topper options. If you prefer a different type of jar, that is another easy change. Crafting is so fun because there is no ‘right’ way to do it.
I hope you have a fantastic Easter with your family and I’d love to see your bunny candy jars too! Oh, and if you’re looking for a new recipe tradition for your family, check out my Italian Easter cookies, they are so festive and delicious!
What are your Easter traditions? Do you have any DIY Easter decor projects you love?
This Bunny Candy Jar is an Easy DIY Easter Decor Idea
You will need:
Plastic Bunny (I found mine in the toy section of a retail store)
1. Tape around the mason jar, right below the lid. Paint the lid of the mason jar in a pastel color, or the color of your choice. I would suggest two or three coats to ensure the lid is covered well and the color is saturated. As another option, you could use spray paint.
2. Next, paint the bunny using gold paint. You can use spray paint or acrylic paint. I used three layers of acrylic paint, although spray paint probably would have been easier.
3. Once the lid and bunny are both dry, remove the masking tape and glue the bunny to the top of the lid.
4. Add a ribbon bow around the jar right below the lip where the lid attaches. You can add a gift tag or little decoration to the ribbon below the bow.
5. Fill the jar with Easter grass and MARS mini candies.