How are you celebrating this 4th of July? We’re planning a pretty low-key long weekend at home with trips to the local splash pads and a few dips in our pool. We will definitely throw some burgers or brats on the grill and make some yummy side dishes, but I want to make some fun and festive.
If you follow my blog, you know I love my sweets. I found this pinwheel cookies recipe on Pinterest a couple weeks ago so it got me thinking, what other red, white and blue dessert recipes are out there? The answer— a ton! I narrowed down to 12 of my favorite red white and blue dessert recipes that would make a fun edition to your 4th of July party.
1. Cheesecake – Recipe Girl
2. Pinwheel Cookies – Just a Taste
3. Whoopie Pies – Ambrosia
4. Dipped Cherries – The Semisweet Sisters
5. Trifle – The Girl Who Ate Everything
6. Frozen Yogurt Bark – Honey & Birch
7. Jello Cups – Lea’s Cooking
8. Panna Cotta – Pink Patisserie
9. Popsicles – The View from Great Island
10. Meringues – Farmgirl Gourmet
11. Ice Cream Cone Cookies – Glorious Treats
12. Cake – The Busty Baker
What will you make this 4th of July?