One Look, Three Pays: Sequin Track Pants
Probably my current favorite trend is track pants. You can find them in all sorts of prints, patterns and textures, like those used in this sequin track pants look. I’m so in love with this trend because the track pants I’ve been wearing look lux, are dressy enough for work, but are super comfortable without looking sloppy. Track pants can totally be worn to work or for a night out as long as you follow these styling tips:
- Make sure the pants skim your body and aren’t too baggy;
- Pair them with a dressy top or sweater—avoid casual t-shirts or sweatshirts;
- Make sure your top is fairly well fitted, not too baggy, so you balance out the fuller pants;
- Throw on some heels or dressy flats (tennis shoes are fine for weekend wear, but are too casual for work or a night out, especially with flowy track pants);
- Add some glam. Your shoes, or accessories should help dress up the more casual fit of the pants, so add some sparkle or shine with a metallic handbag or chunky jewels.
The sequin track pants look does differ slightly from other track pants in that the pants themselves are quite glamorous. You can definitely skip styling tip number 5, because the sequin is all the glam you need. The look is paired with a simple sweater in a bold color and a fitted tuxedo jacket, which provides the structure of the outfit—balancing the flowy pants and boxy, cropped sweater. I love that this look was styled with simple but timeless suede heeled sandals. The heels add length and also show some skin. The gold cuff is cool and contrasts so well with the black pants.
I replicated this sequin track pants look at two other prices to show you just how many great pieces you can find on nearly any budget. Are you rocking track pants this fall? What’s your favorite way to wear them?
The Look – $588
Low – $201
Jacket – $33
Sweater – $50
Cuff – $10
Pants – $88
Shoes – $20
High – $5447
Jacket – $2590
Sweater – $228
Cuff – $630
Pants – $569
Shoes – $1430