This recipe is very versatile and the final product has a rich brownie-like taste. I also used the base of this recipe for the chocolate mint hug and kiss cookies.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup confectioners sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one-inch balls.
- Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let rest on pan for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.